We cannot wait to see those of you attending our 6th Organic Seed Growers Conference next week! And if you’re not attending, there’s still time to register for live broadcasting of our organic plant breeding sessions — more on eOrganic.
Here are 10 things to remember as you pack your bags for Port Townsend, WA:
1. Make sure you have a room and meals at Fort Worden. Please make sure you are registered with Fort Worden for all of the days you will be in Port Townsend attending the conference. You should have received a confirmation email from Fort Worden. Please look it over, and if you did not receive this confirmation email, or if you are not confirmed for all the dates that you intend to be at Fort Worden, please contact Fort Worden at 360-344-4439. There may be a delay in their response, so please be patient.
2. Remember to pack your seed! What would our Organic Seed Growers Conference be without a community seed swap? Everyone is invited to bring seed to share at our Saturday night swap!
3. Need a ride? Fort Worden is a bit off the beaten path, but we’re excited for you to join us in our backyard to enjoy the beauty of the Olympic Peninsula. We’ve established a ride share forum to assist participants in finding carpooling opportunities. Please visit it here.
4. Check-in at the conference. Conference check-in begins at The Commons (follow signs on property at Fort Worden) on Thursday (1/19) evening from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm and re-opens on Friday (1/20) morning at 7:00 am. See you then!
5. Pack a raincoat. It’s winter in the Pacific Northwest, which means silver and green landscapes are often accented by light rain. The conference grounds are spread out and folks will be walking outdoors to get from building to building for working sessions, meals, entertainment, and lodging areas (not to mention many lovely hiking trails if you’re interested). Please pack appropriate outer gear for the weekend.
6. Pre-conference tour. If you registered for the pre-conference tour of the Skagit Valley, you should have received an email on Jan. 10, 2012, with confirmation and instructions. If you registered for the tour but did not receive an email, please contact Cathleen McCluskey at Cathleen@seedalliance.org.
7. Bring your instruments. We’ll be having a welcome bonfire at Fort Worden Thursday night. Please bring your instruments to jam with your fellow conference goers!
8. No pets. There are no pets allowed at Fort Worden without special permission from the park. Please contact them with any concerns at 360-344-4439.
9. Tweet away! For all you Twitterers joining us for the conference, please include #osgc2012 as the official conference tag on Twitter.
10. Event contact sheet. As is common at conferences, we’ll be sharing an event contact sheet with all registrants. This list serves as a wonderful networking tool for conference participants. All conference registrants will be included on this contact sheet unless we hear otherwise from you. If you would like to opt out of having your contact information shared for networking purposes, please email Cathleen McCluskey at Cathleen@seedalliance.org no later than Monday, January 16, 2012.