1. The agenda is packed with practical and inspiring sessions. You’ll hear from more than 70 experts on topics ranging from organic plant breeding, seed production, and business development, to enhancing policies that support the expansion and integrity of the organic seed sector. Read session descriptions here.
2. Tom Stearns, founder of High Mowing Organic Seeds, is the keynote. Tom began sharing seed in 1996 through a small seed flyer in Vermont. His company has now grown into one of the leading organic seed companies in the U.S. His talk will focus on our conference theme, Innovation in the Field.
3. Trade more than knowledge. Our seed swap is a happening place, where dozens of people — including seed companies, farmers, and backyard seed savers — share hundreds of varieties. Bring your seed! But if you forget, don’t worry — we’ll still send you home with some.
4. Eat, drink, have fun! Delicious organic food featuring the Northwest’s best will be served throughout the conference. Socialize with more than 300 fellow organic seed advocates at a number of events, including a vegetable variety tasting, research poster session, trade show, banquet dinner, music by the Pheromones and Symbiotic Quintet, and more!
5. Because it only happens every other year! This culmination of ideas and instruction only happens every other year, so don’t miss it from January 30 – February 1. Registration closes January 19. Register today.