Join the Southern California Seed Hub in Escondido this October to learn how to incorporate seed production in your diversified farm plan. Organic Seed Alliance’s Jared Zystro and Steve Peters will present this one-day workshop and field day that will include:
- Seed production biology
- Hands-on seed harvesting and cleaning
- Choosing seed crops for your system and climate
- Managing population size and isolation distance
- Conducting variety trials
- Basic on-farm breeding techniques
- Seed production economics and finding markets for your seed
When: Sunday, October 2, 2016, from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Where: Terra Madre Gardens, Escondido, California
Cost: $30 registration includes instruction, coffee, tea, and lunch
REGISTER TODAY (space is limited to 30 people)
The Southern California Seed Hub is part of a California-wide project of OSA to help organic specialty seed producers improve their production practices, market access, and the supply of seed adapted to organic growing systems. To learn about future events and connect to the statewide network of seed producers and buyers email them.